Saturday, July 18, 2009

Farmer's Market and The Rock Church

Back home it was a tradition for my mother and I to spend our Saturday morning running errands and then stopping by the Farmer's Market on the way home to grab some Greek food from the Greek stand. Since I've come to college I've had to find a substitute for my weekly Greek crave and thankfully the Farmer's Market exists in Utah.

It's not as big as the market back home, but I did buy honey butter one time and I did consume a delicious amount of humus and pita bread and one more thing...it comes with live music! I know, I didn't think Utah would be capable of such a feat, but I stand corrected. There was this lovely little local band playin under a canopy at the market and it turns out they were from the Rock Church. My older sister and I were just chilin and listening to the tunes and this nice lady came over to us and started talking to us about their church. Turns out she was the mother of two members of the band and they played at the church. She invited us to come to church on Friday night and Saturday to listen to the bands, rock out to christian music and meet other young people. We have yet to actually go, but we haven't forgotten the invitation. It's always interesting to learn about other people's beliefs.


No comments: