Friday, November 21, 2008

Freedom Writers

Please add this movie to my list of movies to own: Freedom Writers.
What I love about this movie is that it is so real! The characters in the movie remind me of friends and kids I knew back home and grew up with and went to school with. I just couldn't get over the intensity the this story possessed and the actors played their roles perfectly. It was amazing all the emotions I went through while watching this movie. That probably sounded weird, but really most of the movies I've watched in this semester stick to one main track of feelings - humor or sappy chick flip. This movie was absolutely invigorating in mind and body and woke me up. I want to make a Toast to Change. Over this Thanksgiving Break I am going to be a different person. The girl from the beginning of the semester is going to be reborn, with a new attitude and a new passion for life. I know I'm deep, just call me "ma".

This week is just racking up the good movies, and in the next 8 hours I will be in the movie theater watching Twilight and swooning over the chiseled chin and amber eyes of the beloved vampire Edward Cullen. Yes, sappy chick flick, but I just can't resist. P.S. watched the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince trailer at work today. FABULOUS! I'm going to the midnight showing! I mean I have to, it's tradition.

Lesson of the Day: The statues at school are wrapped up with saran wrap NOT because they are made of metal and could possibly rust nor for warmth from the cold. They are wrapped up to be protected from potential damage due to the BYU vs. UTAH rivalry that is apparently going on this week due to that oh so big event happening this weekend...what was it again? :) It's something that involves a little leather ball, huge men in blue uniforms, and my cousin Harvey Unga.

No comments: