Friday, September 7, 2012

Assignment #1 Self Portrait

Going back to school as an art major is so much fun. Instead of dreading the hours I'd have to spend in the physics lab and pulling my hair out because the forces still don't make sense, I get to run around town with a super cool camera and capture everything the eye can see. Now instead of too many equations I just chase after the sun to snap shots in the golden hour and decipher symbols on the camera dials. Here's our first assignment in my photography class - the self portrait. A self portrait is a representation of an artist, drawn, painted, photographed, or sculpted by the artist. We looked at some awesome examples by different artists like Frida Kahlo, Francesca Woodman, Duane Michals, Lucas Samaras and then we had to come up with a couple of our own. I still have to decide what I want the titles to be for my images, but for now just sit back, relax and scroll through them. 

Let me know what you think :) 







No comments: