Saturday, September 8, 2012

Do you know these artists?

So today I had an intense homework session of about 4+ hours...I don't know exactly how long, but it was too long and too much since I can't count past four. Anyway, there were some fun things that I got to do and one of them was to look up work by contemporary artists. Once again, I just have to say that I love being an art major. Ok, I said it. I think I might say that at least once a day or maybe once a week because I really do just love all of it.

Today I stumbled across this fun list of contemporary artists and thought I would share. It was made by an artist on her personal blog, so the list is obviously biased, but there are still a lot of fun artists and art to check out. Here is the link: http://jaimelyerly.blogspot.com/2009/10/100-contemporary-artists-that-you-need_26.html

Do you recognize this guy? Maybe you've seen his face in your art class or in an art book. He's on the list:

Yeah, I felt like I was enlightened today. Now go on, make a list of all the artists you know and then compare them to this 100 contemporary artists list.

No comments: