Friday, September 14, 2012

Assignment #2 Partner Portrait

In class we paired off and had to take portrait pictures of our partner. I got to work with Toya and she is a very beautiful lady. Portraits display the expression, mood and personality of the subject. The focus is usually on the person's face, but it is also possible to include the person's body and the background if desired. I had so many fun pictures of Toya that it was super hard to choose only five to post on my blog. Some were in better focus, others had more natural poses and some just had more emotion evoked from the lighting and the subject. I may just post her other images on another day so y'all can see them. I had so much fun photographing her that I just want to practice portraits all the time now! Alrighty everyone, here are the pictures for your viewing pleasures. Please post a comment and let me know what you think. Don't hold back on your critiques ^_^

Here's my one shout out for the day---Thanks for letting me photograph you Toya! You rock! 









7 comments:

Taylor Blessing said...

All of the photos are gorgeous and I love the ones with a lot of contrast

Unknown said...

I really like the first one. You can really see her feelings through her eyes and I like the deep black and white

Sue Park said...

I like her eyelid.

Unknown said...

I think that you captured her well, she does seem tired like you said but in the 4th picture you caught that she was also energetic

Unknown said...

I really like the 3rd picture. It shows us her passion of something

Amanda Armstrong said...

I love the 4th one, she seems very happy and very content.

roryarmycurtin said...

your lighting is very good, my favorit shot is the one where she is looking thrugh the blinds it shows a nice indoor lighting.